Don’t let anyone get in the way of your dreams.
Education is the key to personal transformation. The opportunity to learn, whether it is in a classroom, at a job site or in other forms, gives individuals agency to improve their own lives. Unfortunately many undocumented young people lack the financial resources to pursue their educational dreams.
Today we’re thrilled to open up applications for the 12th year of our Scholarship Fund.
Since 2007, we have provided vital support to nearly 170 undocumented college and graduate students in the Bay Area through our Scholarship Fund. This year we will provide scholarships up to $7,000 to cover tuition and other expenses. Scholars will be expected to participate in ongoing Immigrants Rising’s programming, events, and activities throughout the year.
EDUCATORS: Please share this information with students who may be interested in applying! The deadline for all application materials is Friday, March 8th at 5 PM PST.
- Financial need
- Do not have permanent residency (green card) or citizenship in the U.S.
- Current or intended enrollment in an accredited college or graduate program for 2019-2020
- Minimum GPA requirement:
- For high school students: 3.3 cumulative high school GPA
- For college/graduate students: 3.0 cumulative college GPA
- Demonstrated academic preparation and community/extracurricular involvement
San Francisco Bay Area residency requirements:
You must fulfill at least one of the following:
- Previous or intended graduation from a San Francisco Bay Area high school, or
current or expected enrollment in a San Francisco Bay Area college or university
- We define the San Francisco Bay Area as the following 11 counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, and Yolo.
Interested in Applying?
Visit our Scholarship Fund page to learn about the application process.