Past Wellness Support Groups
Being LGBTQ in a heteronormative society isn’t easy, and it can be more challenging when you are from a culture that is not accepting of your identity. Add to the mix the pressures of being undocumented, and you have yourself an intersectional identity that can be ripe for distress! This group is open to all individuals who identify as LGBTQ seeking a safe space. Over the six weeks, we will share stories that can be mirrored and validated, discuss relevant issues facing our community, and build community in a safe and nonjudgmental environment. The themes discussed throughout the six weeks will be determined by the participants, so anyone who is LGBTQ can join and show up as you are.
Chair yoga is a gentle practice that allows for poses to be performed while seated and/or with the aid of a chair. Yoga helps with increased flexibility, strength, and bodily awareness. Yoga also helps with managing anxiety, stress, and depression.
What to expect:
- Gentle movements and postures.
- Coordination of breath and movement.
- Introduction to meditation.
How to prepare:
- Dress comfortably.
- Have a chair nearby, if possible. Alternatively, you can sit on a yoga mat (actual yoga mat, towel, blanket, grass, floor, etc.).
- Whatever you need nearby: water, tea, candle, crystals, anything!