The following prompts are designed to encourage you to reflect on your experience abroad as it is unfolding and help you process your feelings. You can use them as a jumping off point, but it is always a good idea to seek additional support like therapy or support groups. Explore some of your options on our mental health page.
- What am I noticing about my surroundings?
- What am I noticing about my body (energy level, sleep, appetite, pain, or other factors)?
- What feels fun, exciting, joyful?
- What feels surprising or different from what I expected? Are there any stereotypes, biases or beliefs that are being challenged right now?
- What feels hard, overwhelming, or confusing?
- What adjustments might I need to make so that I can take better care of myself and my mental health on this trip?
This resource is part of the Advance Parole project. To learn more, visit immigrantsrising.org/AP.Back to Resources