“Even more valuable than the scholarship money was having the emotional support.” — Beleza Chan, 2006 Scholar
Immigrants Rising’s Scholarship Fund (previously called New American Scholars Fund) provides financial awards to low-income immigrant college and graduate students who live and/or attend school in the San Francisco Bay Area. We provide scholarships of up to $7,000 to cover tuition and other expenses. Scholars are selected for their academic excellence, financial need, and community impact; they are also expected to maintain a minimum GPA (2.8 for college students and 3.0 for graduate students), and participate in ongoing E4FC programming, events, and activities throughout the year.
- Financial need
- Do not have permanent residency (green card) or citizenship in the U.S.
- Current or intended enrollment in an accredited college or graduate program for 2018-2019
- Minimum GPA requirement:
- For high school students: 3.3 cumulative high school GPA
- For college/graduate students: 3.0 cumulative college GPA
- Demonstrated academic preparation and community/extracurricular involvement
San Francisco Bay Area residency requirements:
You must fulfill at least one of the following:
- Previous or intended graduation from a San Francisco Bay Area high school, or
current or expected enrollment in a San Francisco Bay Area college or university
- We define the San Francisco Bay Area as the following 11 counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, and Yolo.
We are not currently accepting applications for our Scholarship Fund.
- Pancho Antonio, University of California, Berkeley
- Perla Barraza, Mills College
- Javier Fuentes, University of California, Davis
- Nadia Marangao de Melo Brasil, University of California, San Francisco
- Lorena Medel, San Francisco State University
- Maria Rivera, University of California, Berkeley
- Lorenza Salazar, Cañada Community College
- Alexandra Camille San Pablo, University of California, Davis