ITIN Guide

Themes/Topics: Entrepreneurship

Geography: California, National

Audience: Ally, Educator, Undocumented Youth

People who are ineligible for a Social Security number can apply for an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), regardless of immigration status. With an ITIN, you can report your earnings to the Internal Revenue Service, open interest-bearing bank accounts with certain banks, and conduct business in the United States. Find out how to apply, renew, and use an ITIN.

Back to Resources