Reflection Prompts: Checking in with Yourself After Your Advance Parole Trip
Themes/Topics: Law & Policy
Geography: California, National
Audience: Undocumented Youth
Below are some prompts you can use to reflect on your transition back to the U.S. after your time abroad on Advance Parole. You can use them to privately process your trip or as conversation starters when talking to friends and family about your experiences.
- What things did I miss about my life in the U.S. while I was away? What feels good about returning?
- What am I going to miss most about my time abroad? What feels hard about returning?
- What was surprising about what I saw/felt/tried while I was abroad? What unexpected feelings came up for me?
- What’s happening in my body right now (energy level, appetite, mood, sleep)?
- Who can I talk to about how I am feeling who might be able to listen and understand? What other kinds of support do I need?
This resource is part of the Advance Parole project. To learn more, visit immigrantsrising.org/AP.Back to Resources