Here at Immigrants Rising, we provide resources and support that empower undocumented young people to pursue their educational and career goals, and build a brighter future for themselves and their community.
We are excited to announce that we are accepting new applications for Immigrants Rising’s Mental Health Career Program! The aim of this program is to support the professional development of aspiring undocumented mental health professionals who need to accumulate hours toward their licensure in California.
You can read about the program below, or learn more about it on our website. Know someone who might be interested? Forward this email to your networks to spread the word!
- Direct career experience
- Supervised clinical hours accumulation
- Mentorship and supervision from a licensed therapist
- Professional and leadership development training
- Connection to Immigrants Rising’s network of professionals
- Stipend to support participation in the program
- Have completed a master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or related mental health field
- Have one of the following unexpired associate registrations in California: ASW, AMFT, APCC
- Be foreign-born without permanent residency (green card) or citizenship in the U.S.
- For first year participants, committed to spending approximately 15 hours/week at host site from August through June 2024
- For second year participants, committed to spending approximately 20 hours/week at host site from August through June 2024
- Committed to attending monthly half-day professional development trainings hosted by Immigrants Rising
Watch the informational webinar from August 2 to learn more!