Immigrants Rising’s Educational Transitions Coaching provides undocumented students mentorship and guidance to successfully transition to their next stage in life.
Immigrants Rising Coaches are experts in working directly with undocumented students. Our coaches will work with you to achieve the goals that you identify between January and May 2022. Coaches support you through active listening, asking questions, and being fully invested in your success. They provide a safe space for you to envision and plan your next steps. Our coaches are part of a network of other undocumented folks and will be able to connect you to a supportive community as well.
Who is this for?
Educational Transitions Coaching is for students who:
- Attend or are affiliated with one of our Catalyst Fund Campuses
- Are foreign-born
- Do not have permanent residency (green card) or citizenship in the U.S.
- Are available to receive coaching for a span of up to 4 months
What can I expect from coaching?
You will meet with your coach in a 1-1 video zoom call once a week to discuss your situation and empower your actions.
Your coach can support you with:
- Setting academic goals and academic support
- Career/post-graduation income generation
- Guidance on what actions will most impact your goals
- Legal, academic, and mental health resources
- Navigating family dynamics
When does coaching begin?
We are not currently accepting any new coaching participants.
Click here for answers to more Commonly Asked Questions.